Story -

the guinea pig that laid the golden eggs

the guinea pig that laid the golden eggs

The laboratory staff experimented extensively before they were able breed the guinea pig that laid the golden eggs. Once they had done this, they placed him in a nice little square cage, all on his own.

Each day the guinea pig would lay one or two beautiful and valuable golden eggs for them, and they were very pleased. They fed and looked after the guinea pig, as he laid golden eggs for them each day. Then they would close him up in his cage at night, so that he could sleep, and start laying golden eggs anew in the morning.

The laboratory staff bought new townhouses, flashy sports cars, and whatever else their hearts desired, with the money that they made from the golden eggs which the guinea pig laid. At night they went for wild drinking and spending binges at the local casinos. Life, and the magical guinea pig, was treating them very well.

Unfortunately, they did not return the favor. They started to treat the guinea pig abhorrently. They hardly ever fed it, and it was almost starving daily. The people put in charge of looking after him, neglected him badly, and his condition (mental and physical) deteriorated speedily. Sometimes they would prod him with a stick through the wire mesh of the cage, just for fun. Then they would take the thin, sickly guinea pig from his cage, and squeeze a few more eggs out of him by hand.

The golden eggs were their only concern now; they didn’t give a damn about the guinea pig anymore. So one night, the guinea pig packed up his suitcase and left, while they were all out partying. He went back to his roots, and seeked the comfort and solitude of nature. It was up to him to look after his own well being, as no-one, besides himself, were interested in this job anymore.

He vanished into the vast magical forest, and was never seen by human eyes again. He retired peacefully in the forest, but the humans who had mistreated him were devastated when they found he had left.

Gone was the guinea pig, and there would never be another golden egg. Not a single one. The bank foreclosed on all their houses and cars when they were unable to keep up the payments, and they all wound up as hobos on the street.

Pity. And to think, all it would have taken to avoid all this misfortune, was to give one little guinea pig a little love and attention...

Like 1 Pin it 2
Log in or Become a Member to comment.

Comments

author
Nardine Sanderson

Very creative and true, never bite the hand that feeds you my mum always used to say
Love goes a long long way ,
Well said dear friend xox much love nardine.

Reply
author
Baker Street

We all need a little love and affection. One's reward is often only some appreciation.

Thanks for reading :)

Reply
author
Baker Street

Love makes the world go round...

Thank you Cherie.

Reply
author
sparrowsong

Hello Artful...

Love and Affection...

Keeps us younger...

Right?

Great write!

Thank you for sharing...

Hugs...

sparrowsong

Reply
Support CosmoFunnel.com

Support CosmoFunnel.com

You can help support the upkeep of CosmoFunnel.com via PayPal.

Advertise on CosmoFunnel.com