I've always said no to drugs but my friend didn't do the same.
When a person dies of an overdose, it's always a damn shame.
John learned the hard way that a man reaps what he sews.
Every time drugs were offered to him, I wish he had said no.
I'm not certain what he overdosed on, it may have been Meth.
When my friend of forty years overdosed, he drew his last breath.
I recently read that Meth damages the lungs, kidneys, liver, heart and brain.
John might have rejected Meth if that was something he could've ascertained.
Years ago, I tried to convince him to get some help but my words always fell on deaf ears.
He was forty-eight but if he had said no to drugs, he could've lived for many more years.
[Dedicated to John W. Brown (1970-2019) who died on June 3, 2019.]