Story -

When you return

As I drove the twisty windy road, I feel the emotion starting to bubble up my throat and the tears flow from my eyes. I'm about to see my first love who I haven't seen since the war started. I missed his bright blues eyes that could just light up the room, his gentleness that had such an impact on others lives. I was weak for him then and now…
He left a clean face, short hair man and he's will return a war stricken, fuzzy face, hero. I felt myself become even more anxious as I await the train that held my life, my first and only love. When our lips touch again, our lives will be reconnected and completed once more. My broken heart that had never given up on hope for your return will once again be rejoined.
As the clicky clack of the train on the tracks became louder I felt my heart beat faster and my emotions that I had once under control unravel and start running free around my head and body. I feel my chest become tighter as the noise of the train got louder and more people appeared from the train station, cars and thin air. This was the moment, I would see my love and feel him in my arms. Where our lives could become one once more. I need to wrangle this, this bundle of emotions, he can't see me like this. I straighten myself up as I know, when our hands intertwine everything will be put right once more.
SCREEECH!!!!
The train pulled to a stop and the once semi-quiet station turned into a supermarket on christmas eve. The doors banged open and out sprinted a bunch of unshaven heros into their lovers arms. I stood there waiting for my love and life to return, sweeping me off my feet. As the train continues to empty I feel my heart sink and my body starts to become numb, my breathing gets shallower and my cheeks become wet with the tears that streamed from my eyes. I was turning into a complete wreck of emotions. I felt my heart give up as my eyes frantically search the millions of people that had now consumed the platform, my love has to be here somewhere, he has to return to me, he has to…
My heart continued to hold on to the hope, that I had felt counting down the days till I saw him again but my brain decided that it would be best to leave the now dying platform. As the train that held all the heros of war now harboured the ghost of those who just couldn’t let go. My feet decide to go with my brain and I turn to walk to my car. I bow my head so that no-one can see the tears that are still streaming from my eyes.
As I approach my brightly colored car I hear footsteps running behind me, I turn in hope that it was my love, as they get closer I see a face I don't recognize. This hero sprints past me and into the arms of another awaiting lover. I turn back to my car, placing my keys in the door, I hear another pair of footsteps behind me. I resist the urge to turn instead I turn my keys and open the door. I feel hot air down my neck and the warmth of a body behind me, I spun around so fast that I stumble off balance but there's a big strong arm there to catch me. My Love has returned to me, I look into his blue eyes and as our lips softly touch, I feel my world fall into place.     

Like 0 Pin it 0
Log in or Become a Member to comment.
Support CosmoFunnel.com

Support CosmoFunnel.com

You can help support the upkeep of CosmoFunnel.com via PayPal.

Advertise on CosmoFunnel.com