From the bitter sweven,
awake tonight - I lie;
Meseems, thee sky singin' a gardyloo,
Aye - that's aright;
Tis' a song from alow;
From thee depths of wanion;
A tithe of fear -
a tithe of recondite;
Thou shalt be ware of thee cursed wench,
Tis` thee pythoness of gloomy sweven`s;
Be slayed - !
And appear in my dreams no more!
For I cannot bear the unknown.
Archaic English Word meanings;
- Meseems - It seems to me
- Sweven- a vision in sleep; a dream
- Gardyloo - a warning cry
- Aright - right
- Tis` - It is
- Alow- below
- Wanion - ill luck; misfortune
- Tithe - a tenth (of)
- Wench - a girl or young woman
- Pythoness- cursed woman (possed by a spirit)
- Scapegrace - a mischievous person; a rascal
Recondite- Difficult for one of ordinary understanding or knowledge to comprehend.