Story -

One foot in the past

One foot in the past

As you wander through the decaying remains of what was once a glorious brightly adorned castle,you can imagine how life was all those many years ago.

As the wind whistles through the gaping holes that once held plush velvet drapes you can hear a child cry,Soldiers laughing and the sounds of many revellers enjoying a banquet fit for a king.

As the wind changed direction so does the atmosphere in the ruins,the wind becomes harsh and icy,the sounds within change.

No longer is there laughter,now there are the chinking sounds  of sword upon sword as soldiers begin to fight.

The blood curdling screams of soldiers who have been skewered onto the enemies sword can be heard throughout the castle.In the distance there is the sound of weeping and the crackling of fire as the castle burns in the night sky.

Screams of those tending their loved ones can clearly be heard and the hooves on the earth of the horses galloping into the distance.

Then all becomes silent and once again you are standing amongst the ruins of what was once a glorious brightly adorned castle.

Like 0 Pin it 0
Log in or Become a Member to comment.

Comments

author
Charlotte

hello. great writing ! what i love about this , is the fact you have related the wind to the fights and the deaths. as the atmosphere in the castle changes and the wind moves, you start to realise all the bad that went on here. nice writing .....

Reply
Support CosmoFunnel.com

Support CosmoFunnel.com

You can help support the upkeep of CosmoFunnel.com via PayPal.

Advertise on CosmoFunnel.com