Story -

Sprinkles

Sprinkles

She carefully sprinkled the hundreds and thousands onto the edges of the white icing.
Each swish of the container  and each flick of her wrist, sending thousands of flecks of colour onto the edges of Laura's birthday cake.
Laura was outside trying to catch a giant bumble bee from the honeysuckle bush in the tiniest of honey jars. 
She had kept this tiny Bonne Mamman jar with the gingham lid when they stayed in that hotel in Tipperary. What a nice break she thought, Laura was only one at the time. A tiny little starfish who spent the entire time in the 5 star hotel napping in her car seat beside the table whilst her and Nigel downed bottle after bottle of the finest of bordeaux wines, chatting endlessly about their jobs and their friends.
She watched Laura playing by herself, swaying the jar gingerly over the corner of the bush where no bees were. Laura grimaced and jumped each time a bee came near the bush. She only has the bees to play with she thought. How sad is that for her - no little brother or sister starfishes to watch her catch the bees in the sunlight.
What about when I am old she pondered. Who will look after her then?
Laura had often asked why the other girls in her class had little brothers and sisters and why couldn't she have one. 
As if it was as simple as that.
Nigel hadn't touched her in 3 years, 
Well 3 years, 4 months and 6 days......and counting.
She was an attractive woman and prided herself on the fact that she continued to run even when she was pregnant on Laura and Laura had latched on from the moment she was born and continued nursing until she was just about 15 months old.
She enjoyed it, the bond that it forged between them and how she always felt that she was responsible for Laura's excellent start in life. 
She was in excellent shape and she knew that even Dee's son who was in his late teens always said how beautiful she was and that he wanted to take her dancing some night. 
Fat chance of that now. She was a very working busy mom and couldn't make time for simple pleasures anymore.
She played her life in segments of time and had extreme ocd over time keeping.
Damage Control.
This was completely learnt behaviour after working in one of the leading PR firms in the country for  15 years.
15 years of constant deadlines, pressures and being generally snowed under
In the past she never had time for flings as work was just so busy.
That was until she met Nigel.

Like 0 Pin it 0
Log in or Become a Member to comment.
Support CosmoFunnel.com

Support CosmoFunnel.com

You can help support the upkeep of CosmoFunnel.com via PayPal.

Advertise on CosmoFunnel.com